Wednesday 7 September 2011

A Taste of Summer -a.k.a. Fig Jam

The other day at the market , around closing time, I came across some irresistable, fragrant figs that were practically being given away.
So I promptly took them home and made this:



Fig Jam!



Since I've never made jam of any kind before, I looked up some recipes and used this one and this one
to make my own version.



If you've never tried it, you simply must!




If you like figs, you'll love this!



And if you want to hold on to summer just a little bit longer....... this will surely help!

Linked to:


12 comments:

  1. My mom had made fig jam a few years back, and it was yummy!! lovely packaging too:-)
    aleka

    ReplyDelete
  2. μ αρεσει να φτιαχνω μαρμελαδες.. ειναι μαμαδιστικη η διαδικασια και το αποτελεσμα :):)
    ωραιες φωτος

    καλοφαγωτα!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gia, do you know that I didn't like figs until I tasted some in Rhodes, freshly picked from the tree??? You have the tastiest, most delicious fruits in Greece!
    That jam must be YUMMY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious! I make loads of jams, jellies, pickels and relishes every year, but I've never mastered fig jam. You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love figs but have never tried fig jam! I can only imagine the fragrance...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious and I have always been a little in awe of people who make jams:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure I've ever had figs. Hm...
    Will be in the lookout for them, and give them a try!
    I wonder if the jam process is too different from marmalade's? Where I grew up, marmalade is all the rage —jam is almost unheard of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I used to make "freezer jam" and it was lovely to pull Strawberry Jam out in the middle of Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks fantastic! A friend of mine just made BACON JAM!!!! OMG I am sure I need to try some too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and your opinion and/or feedback appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...