Monday 27 July 2015

Malvasia


Almost a month ago we had the pleasure of visiting Monemvasia, a small island -and town- off the east coast of the Peloponnese and yet another magical place where the feeling of having been transported back through time is intense.


I haven't sorted and edited most photos yet -there are numerous- but these are a sneak peek of what this amazing place looks like.


Upon entering the medieval town you imediately start meandering through narrow little alleyways as seen in the pictures. The feeling is breath-taking and treking up to the fortress on the top of the hill is an experience not to be missed.


 I will be back with more photos and information about Monemvasia - also known as Malvasia. 




Linked to:

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it is sooo beautiful! I wish I had the words to convey its enchantment!

      Delete
  2. Yes I have been there and I still cannot forget the feeling of entering a fairy tale. I arrived at night!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it! It feels surreal. Like you've stepped back into the past....
      I can't wait to go back!

      Delete
  3. I love seeing new places where people travel and I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry!
      I love seeing people's travel pictures too, which is why I decided to share mine.

      Delete
  4. δεν εχω παει ποτε...ευελπιστω να το επισκεφτω το μερος αυτο. υπεροχες φωτο!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and your opinion and/or feedback appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...