Monday 25 January 2016

The Vintage Pattern Pledge 2016


I'm so happy that Marie and Kerry decided to keep the vintage pattern pledge going for 2016!
If you haven't seen/followed it before, the idea is that you join in and take a -public- pledge that will commit you to start sewing or sew more with vintage patterns - or even reproductions of vintage patterns.
This is exactly the kind of motivation and inspiration that I need to stop merely planning to make some of my beloved vintage sewing patterns and actually do it.
Last year was my first time following and I managed to make one of my vintage bag patterns and this 1970s turban.
This year I'm determined to sew through all of these vintage bag patterns , to make a hat and a pair of gloves from some great patterns I will be sharing with you soon and also to make some items from my Women's Institute Of Domestic Arts And  Sciences books.

For all the details head on over to #VintagePledge 2016.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very new to making clothes, but I did pick up a couple of vintage reproduction patterns at JoAnn when they were on mega sale during the holidays. I'm hoping to make a simple blouse in the next few weeks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should join in! I'd love to see what you make with your patterns!

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome and your opinion and/or feedback appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...